South School will host an in-person book fair this Spring on April 12-22. This book fair will be a little smaller in size, but it will still provide many of the features that kids love.
After careful consideration of mitigation guidelines for Covid, we will be making the following modifications;
- There will be no family night. Parents will still be able to make purchases online, but space limitations prohibit this type of activity.
- Many items will be placed behind the counter or table to limit touching. Students will still be able to purchase many of the things they have purchased in the past. Students will just need to point out what they want to buy. Items in this area are the posters, pencils, pens, erasers, and other gadgets.
- Limitations will be placed on the number of students at each book case to encourage social distancing. They will also be coached to minimize touching of books.
- Students will sanitize their hands before and after participating in book fair.
- Masks and social distancing will be encouraged.
- Parents will be encouraged to create an E-Wallet account to minimize cash transactions.
- All purchased items will be bagged to take home.
We are so excited to bring another piece of normal back to school. Parents are also welcomed to shop the Virtual Fair online at: https://bookfairs.scholastic.c... All book fair funds provide support for the South School Library program.