Dear Pikeland Families:
The health and safety of our students is our top priority, so we want to share with you information that the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has published for schools throughout the state.
The health risk to the general public from coronavirus remains low. Currently, the IDPH recommends schools hold classes and events as usual, and follow routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures; no special measures are necessary.
The IDPH also recommends the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same everyday precautions against getting sick in general. These include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Keeping your children home when they are sick.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
To see the complete recommendations to schools from IDPH, please click here. Additional resources from the CDC can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
We will continue to closely monitor recommendations regarding coronavirus through the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Pike County Health Department and will update you as soon as there are any significant changes in recommendations for schools. Thank you for your support in helping to keep our school community healthy.
Mrs. Paula Hawley